About Edward Keenan
Ed has over thirty years of experience providing a unique vision and leadership in the financial management and operations of closely held and publicly traded companies. He has worked as a CFO and Controller in the Industrial Service, Warehousing, Manufacturing Industries and Real Estate along the Houston Ship Channel. Ed’s experience has ranged from small to midsized companies to Fortune 100 companies. He has also owned and run his own company for 15 years with over 150 employees.
Ed understands the importance for owners to be working on their business instead of in the business and he can help you get there. Ed is skilled at developing successful strategies by working with management and employees to increase operational efficiency and cost reduction. Ed can direct and supervise at a high level the financial and administrative operation while the owner can do what they do best which is sell their product or services and maintain customer relations.
Ed’s Experiences has included:
- Strategic Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting
- Cash Management, Cash Flow Forecasting
- Treasury, Banking, Debt Restructuring, Covenant Compliance
- Mergers and Acquisition Due Diligence
- Financial and Operations Analysis
- Financial and Operations Process Improvement
- ERP Systems Implementation and Optimization
- Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Business Risk Management
- Business Reorganization and Change Management
- Human Resource, Staff Development, Employee Benefit Plans,
- Managing relations with Auditors, Tax Preparers, Bankers, Insurance Brokers, IT Providers
He has been married for 34 years and has a daughter and two grandchildren. He enjoys traveling, sailing, running and hunting. Ed has also run a Half-Marathon on all seven continents.
Ed holds a BBA from Robert Morris University in Accounting and Business Information Systems and an MBA with a concentration in Information Technologies from the University of Houston.
Ed currently serves as a Pasadena Volunteer Fire Fighter for over 15 years and is the Treasure of the Department. He also serves as the Chairman of the Pension Board and President of the Pasadena Volunteer Fire Fighter Association which is the 501c3 of the Pasadena Fire Department. Ed also has been appointed as Trustee to the Texas Emergency Services Retirement System by Texas Governor Gregg Abbott.