About David Girault
David has over 25 years financial and business management experience including 12 years as a CFO for both start-ups and mature, middle-market, privately held companies. He also has seven years experience in transactional law, including complex commercial lending, corporate, tax and real estate law. David was the founding CFO and COO of a start-up export trading firm that experienced 4 consecutive years of over 50% sales growth, with oversight responsibility for accounting, treasury, currency exchange, risk management, logistics, warehousing, US/Mexican Customs compliance, and USDOT compliance. Four years after leaving this role, he was sought out by the founder to repeat the process for a new venture after the founder exited the original company as well. In addition to international distribution and logistics, David’s experience includes significant time in the retail, real estate development, beverage, electric cogeneration, and agriculture production sectors.
Through 20+ years in the Rio Grande Valley business community, and family business contacts reaching back over a half-century, David has developed executive-suite relationships with nearly every local and regional financial institution, as well as regional leaders for the major national banks operating in the area. He has also proven adept at sourcing capital from lenders outside the region for specialty finance situations.
David’s unique ability is to quickly and accurately determine simple solutions to complex problems. You can be assured that with David as your B2B CFO®, you will have a trusted CFO as part of your management team at a fraction of the cost of an employee, and with understanding and responsiveness to your individual business that you would only expect from a seasoned veteran of your industry.
David serves on the boards of directors of Leadership McAllen (Class XXXI graduate), the South Texas Manufacturers Association, and FTZ Intermodal, Inc. (an affiliate of the McAllen Foreign Trade Zone). He has also served since 2011 as an Advisory Director of the McAllen Economic Development Corporation, and is a charter member of MEDC’s ECON Envoy program. David previously served as Chairman and Trustee of the International Museum of Art and Science, and as Treasurer and Director of The Palmer Drug Abuse Program-McAllen, Inc.
David earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with Honors, concentrating in Accountancy, from Trinity University and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from The University of Texas School of Law. He also holds certificates from The University of Houston Law Center Mexican Legal Studies Program, The Private Equity Institute, and Texas Tech University College mediator training program. David is a member of the State Bar of Texas, and a native of the Rio Grande Valley of Texas.
- Trinity University (BS in Business Administration/Accounting)
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D.)
Certificates & Licenses:
- Member, State Bar of Texas (Since 1994)
- Mexican Legal Studies Certification, THE UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON LAW CENTER; Mexico, D.F., 1993
- THE PRIVATE EQUITY INSTITUTE INTENSIVE TRAINING, 2007
- THE PRIVATE EQUITY INSTITUTE FUND CREATION, 2008
- Basic Mediation Training, TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY, UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, 2011
- Leadership McAllen
- McAllen Economic Development Corp.
- South Texas Manufacturers Association
- The Association for Strategic Planning
Articles by David Girault
- The #1 Rule in Business: Know Your Numbers!
- Quick Acquisition Guide: Nine Pitfalls that Can Derail a Business Sale
- What Are The Signs That a Business Owner Needs A CFO?
- The cost of failing to expect the unexpected
- Recession-Proof Your Business
- Are You Plotting the Right Course for Change & Improvement?
- Employee Theft- Is it Happening to You?
- Borrowing Money For Your Business? Critical Steps to Obtain Business Loans
- 7 signs your business needs this…
- RGV to Lead State in Growth through 2040–But are we Ready?
- What is a CFO anyway?
- Private Equity Examines Medical Practices
- Valley B2B CFO® Receives Advanced Certification
- New Year’s Resolutions
- B2B CFO expands in RGV
- B2B Exit Software Nominated For 2014 Small Business Influencer Awards – Vote Now