Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Houston, TX and surrounding areas
Bellaire, TX CFO
36 Years of Experience
University of Chicago MBA
Brigham Young University BS
Certificates & Licenses:
Boy Scouts of America
CFO Leadership Council of Houston
Financial Executives Networking Group
Contact Bob Wells and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Bob Wells is a partner of B2B CFO®. He provides CFO and Exit Services to small businesses. The company is a national partnership with more than 230 partners in 46 states and 7,000+ years of combined national experience. As a result, there is no problem we can't solve. Bob will;
- Apply the B2B CFO® GamePlan®, a proven process to help clients with immediate, long-term and business transition needs.
- Help owners improve their companies with our Finders, Minders and Grinders process.
- Help owners create their Success Team to help with their business transition goals and objectives.
- Benchmark company's financial information against industry averages.
- Benefits include successful business transitions, increased company value, reduced cash flow worries, increased personal wealth, reduced stress, security for loved ones.
Bob is a globally experienced CFO with native Spanish fluency. He is a proven and trusted financial advisor for companies of all sizes. From domestic start-ups to multi-national private companies, Bob has demonstrated leadership and expertise in analysis, risk assessment, finance, sales and operations to lead significant revenue increases with integrity and a keen understanding of financial and personnel management. As a commercial banker living in Switzerland with UBS, and having been born and raised throughout South America, Bob has a unique ability to consistently develop teams displaying strong diversity. His key accomplishments include:
- Managed growth of a company from under $7 million in revenues to $67 million in four years. Successfully established subsidiaries, instituted controls, obtained clean audits every year, managed tax compliance, established meaningful management reporting, arranged bank and EXIM financing, instituted FCPA policies, and chaired the company's ethics committee; Researched, structured and implemented tax structures that reduced taxes by over 30% through implementation of IC-DISC and R&D tax credits; Established foreign subsidiaries, instituted expatriate employee structures, instituted foreign exchange hedging, and negotiated equipment and real estate leases.
- Negotiated an attractive settlement on an $11 million loan for a company facing bankruptcy. The settlement with the FDIC provided for the sale of key assets of the company for $3 million without being assessed deficiencies, and an orderly wind down of over $1 million of vendor and subcontractor payables. Earned the trust and confidence of the lenders throughout the process by maintaining open lines of communication and ensuring proper record keeping and accurate reporting.
- Successfully started a business that reached over $2 million in annualized revenues in the first 18 months of operations, despite a hostile regulatory environment. Managed all aspects of the business including sales, operations, training, facilities, accounting, regulatory compliance, etc. The company's success and clean books made it possible to sell the company. Achieved complimentary reviews by the previously hostile and doubtful regulators due to open communication and successful audits.
- Worked up from entry-level analyst to Director of a major multinational bank (UBS) by successfully growing loan portfolios with Fortune 500 companies through high quality underwriting (no losses sustained) and excellent client relationship management. Developed a portfolio of business from commitments of about $100 million to over $600 million over 10 years, before transitioning into Credit Administration of a $2 billion portfolio. Led credit analysis for a portfolio in excess of $30 billion.
As a banker, solved unique financing challenges, including:
- Launching the key financing that made possible the Private/Public financing of the E-470 toll-road around Denver, CO. Negotiated the package that financed the project, using a combination of funding sources and credit enhancement techniques.
- Structuring cross-border loans from Luxembourg to Spain, supported by credit enhancement from the US to build housing projects in Spain without incurring income taxes on the interest.
- Successfully financing the first large-scale multi-use commercial/residential/office construction project in Las Vegas, which was refinanced with permanent loans upon completion and stabilization.
- Managing a portfolio of over $300 million in commercial real estate loans including office, warehouse, apartment, retail and condominium projects. Generated more than $225 million in new loans, $150 million in CMBS transactions, and more than $500,000 in fees from interest rate protection.